Do have an older monitor or television without HDMI inputs? Want to hook up more modern devices like a DVD player, game console or streaming device? Then an HDMI converter box is what you will need. An HDMI converter box will take any HDMI signal and change it into a component-level signal. These component-level signals can then be plugged into an older TV, monitor, or projector to display the signal. In some cases, you may have a newer TV and the HDMI inputs are no longer working due to an electoral storm or surge. These boxes are an excellent way to salvage a damaged television.
Converting HDMI to Component Using a Converter Box
HDMI converter boxes can also convert an HDMI signal to many different formats. It all depends on the type of input you will need. Let’s look at some of the most popular formats to convert.
Tendak HDMI to Composite Converter
The Tendak HDMI to composite converter will take an HDMI signal and convert it to RCA video and audio signals. This converter box is good for televisions with RCA inputs. This HDMI converter box is small and easy to use.
- HDMI Version: Compatible with HDMI 1.3
- Convert HDMI to either Composite Video or S-Video
- Input HDMI signal resolution: 480p(60Hz), 576p(50Hz),720p(50Hz/60Hz),1080i(50Hz/60Hz),1080p(50Hz/60Hz)
- Output signal: CVBS (1.0Vpp), S-Video (Y:1.0Vpp,C:0.3Vpp)
- Output video systems: PAL/NTSC
- Output video impedance: 75 ohm
- Length of the s-video cable: 1.5m/5ft
- Length of the RCA cable: 1.5m/5ft
Musou 1080P HDMI To Component Video Scaler Converter Adapter
The Musou video converter will take an HDMI signal, convert, and scale the signal to a (YPbPr) component level output. It also has stereo and coaxial RCA audio outputs.
- Converts HDMI input into analog YPbPr video and R/L audio + Coaxial audio signal output
- Supports both up-scaling and down-scaling function
- Supports 165MHz/1.65Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps all channel) bandwidth for HDMI Input
- Supports OSD (On-Screen Display) for input and output resolutions
- Allows viewing on a standard digital video through a component video cable
- Compliant with HDMI 1.3
- Supports HDCP 1.2
- Compatible with DVI by a DVI-HDMI cable or connector (not included)
- Supports Xbox/ PS3/ PS4/ Apple TV/ Roku/ Fire TV/ STB/ Blu-ray Players/ Game Console / DVD / Computers
- Supports 1080p,1080i,720P,576p,576i,480p, 480i HDMI input resolution
- Supports 1080p,1080i,720P,720i,480p,480i Ypbpr (component) output resolution
Converting HDMI to VGA and DVI
You can also convert HDMI to other formats like VGA and DVI. This method will work for computer monitors and projectors that only have VGA or DVI inputs.
Moread HDMI to VGA Adapter
The Moread HDMI to VGA adapter will convert an HDMI signal and allow it to be displayed on a monitor with a VGA input. The adapter supports resolutions up to 1920×1080@60Hz (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600×1200 and1280x1024. The adapter is small and compact.
HDMI to DVI Adapter
A HDMI to DVI adapter cable will convert an HDMI signal to DVI. The cable is 6ft long.
There is no need to throw out that older TV, monitor, or projector. You can still salvage them using one of these HDMI adapters or converter boxes. Extending the life of older technology can also reduce the amount of trash in our landfills.